Sunday, January 13, 2008

Maybe its a bit of an overreaction on my part, but I thought the game against Louisville was a lot closer than the score reflected. And you know what impressed me? Angel McCoughtry's ability to focus after she picked up her third foul late in the first half.

That is a great sign of things to come for her. She has so much talent and I look forward to next season's matchup between her and Maya Moore. Of course, there will be plenty more to come when they are both in the WNBA in a few years.

So what does the win say about UConn? First, they can win when they aren't at their best. But I think teams with similar players to the Cardinals will try to mimick what Louisville did. Can most teams actually do that? No.

Second, the experience and leadership of Renee Montgomery and Ketia Swanier made all the difference.

What interests me now is how do the Huskies come out on Tuesday against a much-improved Syracuse team. Are the Huskies mad the game was as close as it was? We'll see in a couple days.

No comments: