Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Yesterday I was the beneficiary of a upgraded hotel room and rental car. For someone who travels frequently, those are nice gestures that you are sometimes presented by generous vendors. So I would like to thank Enterprise rental car and the Hampton Inn - Chapel Hill.

Today, is clearly not one of those days travelers enjoy. My flight home is connecting in Newark. But snow caused my flight to not arrive here on time from Cleveland. I have an angry mother traveling on this flight. Her son, about eight, has a nasty cough. The mother is furious the flight is delayed. She complained that she and her son ran to make the flight, which they were told was still on time. Call me rotten, but I have no sympathy. Anyone who flies knows to get to the airport on time. It's not like a wedding where if you are minus the bride, the ceremony takes place anyway.

My biggest concern is that there is another passanger who has a cat. On a leash. I hate cats. Why? I'm allergic to the buggers. God help me if she is sitting anywhere near me. Mine eyes will see the swelling from the presence of el gato.

While on the topic of travel, all the people who complain about having to check in their toiletries, etc., should pipe down. How can you act surprised? Do you not read or watch the news? Are they hermits, living under rocks, who one day suddenly decide they want to go on a trip?

No comments: