Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What a game!

I think we saw a few of the things I wrote about in today's paper. Kaili McLaren's late-game heroics made all the difference in the world. Playing with four fouls, McLaren played with smarts that had escaped her most of the year.

Let's not forget Renee Montgomery making big shot after big shot, especially after the Huskies fell behind with nearly six minutes on the clock.

I was also impressed with the job UConn has done at the free throw line over the last two games. Maybe they are turning a corner in that area. Now if they can play smart and not play down to their competition.

Anyhow, they have a few days until they visit Marquette, which may prove to be the toughest game for UConn this season to date. I know, I know that sounds stupid considering games against Purdue, Carolina and Tennessee...just wait and see.

No comments: