Saturday, March 21, 2009

More on Mel

If you haven't read my article in today's Bulletin on Mel Thomas signing with the Seattle Storm, here it is: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/x2087806865/WNBA-Ex-Husky-Thomas-inks-deal-with-Storm

There was more with Mel that couldn't get into the paper, so here's some more of our conversation.

On being around Sue Bird and Swin Cash in Seattle:
"It's familiar faces and people that you see all the time to help you fit in. It'll be very helpful."

On her adjustment to playing in Ireland:
"It's quite a transition from being at UConn to here. It's a lot different. The thing about coming here, we don;t practice every day. We practice two or three times a week. It was nice especially coming off my injuryto come here and get back into playing and being healthy, which was the most important thing for me. And we have individual work going on the days we don't have practice."

On playing overseas next season:
"I probably won't come back here. I'd go somewhere else in Europe. I don;t really know where I'll end up, but I'd like to in Italy or Greece. I don't know, somewhere that's a good situation."

No comments: