Monday, March 26, 2007

I forgot to pass along one of my favorite stories of my time in Fresno.

Last night I had dinner with Rich from the Willimantic Chronicle, Tim from the Meriden Record-Journal and Mike and Vickie from The New London Day.

First I need to say that you don't expect to find as much good restaurants in Fresno as you would in a bigger city, but our meal at Livingston's was fantastic. The highlight was the Tortilla Soup. They need to serve it in gallon portions.

Anyhow, as we are about to turn into the hotel parking lot, we pull up to a red light and a car stops next to us blasting a P-Diddy (or whatever his name is now) song. What Mike did next nearly forced Rich to fall over laughing when we exited the car.

Mike looks over at the other car, which was on our right, and turns up his radio to match the volume of the adjacent car. Playing? Herb Alpert.

No comments: