Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A new beginning is the way I look at it. This -- UConn's Women's Basketball -- is new to me. And in the midst of football season, it is night and day from covering the guys on the gridiron. Part of it is the difference in sports, but it is also the atmosphere. The women have a tradition of winning. Despite not having a single player who has appeared in a Final Four, they expect to win. I expect them to win. The fans expect them to win. Needless to say, expectations are high.

I'm excited as the season sort of begins tomorrow night with the exhibition opener against Team Concept. That's a team featuring some names you might have heard of: Maria Conlon, Rita Williams...oh, and Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi. Yeah. Nice way to welcome the season.

Anyhow, I hope everyone comes back often and interacts. If it's something you aren't comfortable posting here, you either shouldn't say it or just e-mail me (jperez@norwichbulletin.com).

I'd like for this to be more than just a string of responses. Maybe some of you have an interesting question you'd like a Husky to answer. Let me know. We'll have a lot to cover, so fire away.

See ya around!

No comments: