Let's open the think tank and go tnrough options:
- Associate head coach Cris Dailey. If it were her, wouldn't it have happened already? Wouldn't UConn have scheduled this to happen against Rutgers, her alma mater? She's the dark horse.
- Any past team: The school would have issued a press release and the players, some of whom are overseas, would have to made plans to come back.
- Kay Yow. Seeing as it's "Think Pink" day, sure. But she was never a Husky.
- The fans. Interesting. Hmmm...
- Renee Montgomery. This is where my money is. You don't wait until Senior Night and give one senior more attention than the others. You do this before a national TV audience, further making the case for Montgomery as the National Player of the Year. And, it's been kept so secretive that it makes perfect sense that someone close to the team is being honored.
- The No. 1 for the most weeks at No. 1 in the polls of any team. But that could change down the road, making the plaque look silly.
Check back here for video and pictures shortly after the announcement.